|For the third straight year, the Rockwell Collins Night Air Show on Saturday, July 28, will be an AirVenture "skylight."
|The "Wall of Fire" will be a part of the "Warbirds Extravaganzas" on Friday and Saturday as well as the finale of the fireworks show.
Hot-air balloons, fireworks, sky-divers, concerts, and some of the best air show performances in the world will fill the final days of EAA AirVenture 2012, serving as a grand finale of a week of celebration that's not to be missed.
Weekend highlights include the Oshkosh debut performances of "Tora! Tora! Tora!" and the Canadian SkyHawks in the afternoon air shows, plus the return of the widely popular Rockwell Collins Night Air Show to close Super Saturday on July 28.
On Friday, July 27, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation presents Salute to Veterans Day, which is filled with interactive programs and activities that honor the brave service men and women gave in defending freedom. In additional to the traditional "Warbirds Extravaganza" in the air show and other military-themed programs, the day features a parade in which all veterans are invited to participate, an Old Glory Honor Flight, and a special concert from country star Phil Vassar courtesy of Disabled American Veterans and EAA Warbirds of America.
All veterans in attendance that day can receive a free hat, courtesy of Oshkosh Corporation, and commemorative pin, courtesy of Scotts MiracleGro, while supplies last.
Action on Super Saturday, July 28, kicks off with the mass hot-air balloon launch and the Runway 5K Charity Run/Walk that benefits three local organizations, and doesn't stop until well into the night. As the sun starts to set, Da BLOOZE Bros and Boogie Knights will take to the stage for two rocking performances leading the Rockwell Collins Night Air Show followed by the fireworks and "Wall of Fire."
Additionally, the final day of AirVenture - Sunday, July 29 - is Family Day, where all young people ages 18 and under are admitted free when accompanied by a paying adult to enjoy the conclusion of The World's Greatest Aviation Celebration.
Friday, July 27 - Salute to Veterans Day presented by Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation
Tuskegee Airmen at Warbirds in Review, Scotts Warbird Alley, 10 a.m.
- WomenVenture women pilots group photo, Phillips 66 Plaza, 10:30 a.m.
- "Salute to Veterans" parade and group photo, Scotts Warbird Alley to Phillips 66 Plaza, 2 p.m.
- Afternoon air show presented by Rockwell Collins, 3:30 p.m., featuring the "Warbirds Extravaganza," "Tora! Tora! Tora!" and the Canadian SkyHawks
- Old Glory Honor Flight welcome home ceremony, Phillips 66 Plaza, 6 p.m.
- Phil Vassar in concert, presented by Disabled American Veterans and EAA Warbirds of America, Theater in the Woods, 8 p.m.
Saturday, July 28 - Super Saturday
Mass hot-air balloon launch, Ultralight area, 6 a.m. (weather permitting)
- Runway 5K Charity Run/Walk, North 40, 7 a.m.
- Doolittle Raiders at Warbirds in Review, Scotts Warbird Alley, 10 a.m.
- Afternoon air show presented by Rockwell Collins, 3:30 p.m., featuring the "Warbirds Extravaganza" and "Tora! Tora! Tora!"
- Da BLOOZE Bros in concert, presented by Ford Motor Company, Ford Hangar, 6:30 p.m.
- Boogie Knights in concert, presented by Southwest Airlines, Theater in the Woods, 7 p.m.
- Rockwell Collins Night Air Show followed by fireworks and "Wall of Fire," approximately 8:30 p.m.
Sunday, July 29 - Family Day (children age 18 and under admitted free with paying adult)
Afternoon air show presented by Rockwell Collins, 2 p.m., featuring the Canadian SkyHawks
- World's Greatest Aircraft Departure Show, 4:30 p.m.