May 16, 2013 - Hollywood blockbusters, a special pre-premiere screening, and fun aviation classics are among the films topping the lineup for this year's EAA Fly-In Theater, which is presented by Ford Motor Company.
The films include popular Hollywood releases, many with direct or close ties to aircraft and features at EAA AirVenture this year. Among the movies that will be seen on the five-story-high screen under the stars are James Bond classics, action/adventure films, and the previously announced screening of Disney's Planes on Friday, August 2.
Reminiscent of the drive-in theaters of days gone by, the Fly-In Theater provides guests with the perfect opportunity to relax and enjoy free popcorn after a long day of air shows, exhibits, and workshops. Located adjacent to Camp Scholler, the theater hosts celebrity presenters that in past years have included Harrison Ford, John Travolta, and George Lucas. A lineup of film presenters will be announced as they are confirmed.
"The Fly-In Theater is a wonderful way for families and aviation enthusiasts to finish a great day at Oshkosh," said Kevin Keling, North American corporate events manager for Ford Motor Company. "This has become one of the most popular evening activities at AirVenture, and we look forward to building a schedule that is appealing and of interest to the Oshkosh audience."
The Fly-In Theater films, which are included in AirVenture daily admission, are shown nightly from Sunday, July 28, through Saturday, August 3 (weather permitting), with presenters starting at 8:30 p.m. (with the exception of Wednesday and Saturday, which begin at 9:30 p.m.). The Fly-In Theater nightly lineup is:
Sunday, July 28: Octopussy (1983, PG-13), starring Roger Moore, Maud Adams, and Louis Jourdan
- Monday, July 29: Iron Man 2 (2010, PG-13), starring Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, and Don Cheadle
- Tuesday, July 30: Skyfall (2012, PG-13), starring Daniel Craig, Judi Dench, and Javier Bardem
- Wednesday, July 31: The Terminal (2004, PG-13), starring Tom Hanks, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Stanley Tucci
- Thursday, August 1: The Avengers (2012, PG-13), starring Robert Downey Jr. and Scarlett Johansson
- Friday, August 2: Disney's Planes (2013, not yet rated), special screening introduced by director Klay Hall
- Saturday, August 3: Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines (1965, G), starring Stuart Whitman and Sarah Miles