July 18, 2013 - Well, we're almost there. The week aviation lovers circle on their calendars is nearly upon us, and everyone is busy getting ready for EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2013, the 61st annual gathering of the aviation world set for July 29-August 4 at Wittman Regional Airport. And what a week it's shaping up to be!
Yves "Jetman" Rossy making his first public U.S. flights
Screening of Disney's Planes one week before the national release, plus other Fly-In Theater films all week
- Terrafugia flying car making first public air show flights
- Two night air shows (July 31 and August 3), extended warbirds shows on August 2-3, and as always, the world's best performers in daily air shows, presented by Rockwell Collins
- Unique aircraft, such as the world's only privately flown Harrier jump jet, BD-5FLS microjet, B-29 and B-24 bombers, warbirds from the Texas Flying Legends and Cavanaugh Flight museums, a restored World War II Consolidated PBY Catalina, incredible vintage treasures including the Round Engine Rodeo, the Return of Champions Lindy award winners, unique homebuilts, and many, many more
- Post-air show concerts and other evening programs by Chicago, Vic Ferrari Band, Aaron Tippin and Chasin' Mason, Deuces Wild dueling pianos, Gary Sinise and Lt. Dan Band, and Da BLOOZE Bros
- Theater in the Woods presentations such as Space Night with astronauts Chris Hadfield and Charlie Duke, Bringing the Space Shuttle West, Jetman, and Medal of Honor recipient Gen. Patrick Brady
Those are just the highlights - there's so much more, including all-week activities such as KidVenture, ultralight aircraft flying in the morning and evening, airplane presentations in Phillips 66 Plaza and elsewhere, Innovations Pavilion, aircraft flights, hands-on workshops, hundreds of exhibitors, and hundreds of scheduled presentations.
Purchase your admission, camping, or parking in advance, pack your bags, and we'll see you in Oshkosh!